Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Good Morning Blog world

It is going to be hot today! It is currently 88 here and it is only 10:30 in the morning. The news tells me that it will feel like 104 today. I went to the market this morning at 7 and had an asthma attack due to the air quality (carrying 50 pounds of potatoes probably didn't help either). I think I did pretty well at the market this morning. I got 50 pounds of potatoes, 3 pounds of carrots, 2 pounds of grapes, 3 pounds of broccoli florettes and 3 huge white onions for $17! $10 of that was for the potatoes. The carrots were $1, the grapes $2, the broccoli $2 and the onions $2. Not bad! I like buying local and visiting the market, but I am glad I went early because by now it would be a NIGHTMARE! It would take an hour just to get in and park, another 30 minutes to walk to the stand I always visit and another hour to get out. This morning I got in, did my shopping, rested after my asthma attacked, and even visited a yard sale and it only took an hour! I found a great basket for my sewing room for 50 cents, it is huge and sturdy. I would love to find two more like it at the same price, I'm going to use it to hold fabric. I would like the extra ones to hold scraps, patterns, and other supplies next to each machine. I also got this really cute cork-board with a beautiful decorative boarder for 25 cents. I'm going to use it to hang notices and class schedules in my sewing room. I think it was so cheap because someone wrote on it with sharpie that said "keys here" with this HUGE arrows pointing to the hook. I thought for 25 cents I would just repaint it, but I decided to try cleaning it first and with a magic clean eraser and a little elbow grease it looks brand new!!!! So happy! I hope everyone is having a great day today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment