Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Cinnamon Ornaments!

One of my favorite things about this time of year is the smell! I love the crisp air, the distant smoke from a fireplace, the leaves, the warm smells of home and cinnamon! I just cinnamon! A friend of mine made cinnamon ornaments last year and they were wonderful. I found this recipe today to make some of my own. http://www.mccormick.com/Recipes/Other/Cinnamon-Ornaments.aspx

As soon as my younger daughter is healthy again, I think I'm going to whip some of these up!

3 comments:

  1. Snap! I made a batch of cinnamon shapes earlier in the week! My recipe was a little different - it had a small amount of aquadhere wood glue as well as the apple and cinnamon. I cut mine into stars of different sizes, and I'm air drying them. There's a lovely aroma of cinnamon through the entire house as they dry. I'm going to use them like pot pourri - just placed in dishes amongst my Christms decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What does the wood glue do? Do they still smell after they dry? I have a friend that sells them and hers sell all the time, but I haven't asked what she does since she does sell them.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really don't know what the woodglue does - I just followed the recipe I found in a craft magazine. Maybe it acts as a preservative? It took mine 4 days to dry. I just put them on baking paper on a baking tray, and turned them over twice a day (stops them curling, according to the recipe I used). They have a lovely cinnamon aroma. My recipe said that if they eventually lose their aroma just sand them lightly to reactivate it.

    ReplyDelete