Saturday, February 20, 2010

Saturday

Made some good progress on my "Snowflakes" piece, will have to post a picture later!

Today I wanted to share with you a good healthy hashbrown recipe. I'm on a new meal plan and it is very strict. I don't care for "dry" food, so I am a person who usually covers my potatoes with margarine and cheese. Well margarine and cheese are now no-nos! Take a frying pan, spray it with cooking spray, I use Olive Oil alcohol-free cooking spray. Years ago Tupperware had a bottle you could buy that would turn any oil into a spray, not sure if they still sell it. Anyway, after you spray it, place it on the stove and heat it a little before adding mashed up potatoes sprinkled with salt and pepper (I usually boil whole potatoes the night before and mash 8oz into a plastic bag so it is ready for breakfast)cook on medium heat until the bottoms are a beautiful crispy brown color and then spray the top with some cooking spray before flipping them over and browning the other side. When they are at your desire level of crispiness remove, eat, and enjoy!

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment