Sunday, January 3, 2010

The big clean out!

With the new year, I have new big plans! Clutter has taken over and I want it gone! Starting on Monday I will be doing some major cleaning out! After school with the girls, I will tackle the "spare room". It was suppose to be a nursery, but years of infertility and the recent health issues have changed any hope of that happening. So I'm trying to find the courage to go in there, clear it out, and make it a usable room. My plan is for it to be an office and a school room. I painted the walls a beautiful blue in hopes that we would have a son, so I'm trying to decide whether I should paint it another color or keep it. Tears are welling in my eyes just thinking about the room.

My plans - pull EVERYTHING out of the room and start with a fresh clean slate! Paint the walls, either with a second coat of the current color or a brand new color. Paint one wall with chalkboard paint. Paint the trim. Replace the light with something brighter...hopefully I will find a light in the thrift shop. I might even get ambitious and make new curtains for the room. It only has two small windows, so it shouldn't be too hard to make some curtains. Wish I could replace the carpet, but that would be too expensive, so I might try to borrow a steam cleaner and give the carpets a good cleaning. After all this is done, I will start moving things into the room. I will only bring back office stuff, school stuff, and craft stuff that fits into the closet (I already have shelving in there for my craft supplies). Then I will have to figure out what to do with the rest...including the crib.

I don't think I'm gutsy enough for "before" pictures, but we will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment