Saturday, January 16, 2010

More cans and inspiration!

I do save fabric scraps, but I rarely save salvage or teeny tiny pieces. No more, I save it all now! I recently discovered a wonderful blog called "Green Bag Lady" found here http://greenbaglady.blogspot.com/. She saves all scraps and uses them to make dog beds! What a great idea! I have two dogs and two cats and they sure could use "beds" in the new school room where they are now spending a lot of their time. Using a clean spagetti sauce jar, I'm collecting all my pieces. Once this is full I will empty it into a larger container until it's time to make a bed. The instructions for making these beds is found on her blog here http://greenbaglady.blogspot.com/2010/01/pet-beds-101.html She also has patterns for making a grocery bag (I was sent one, I'm number 8088!), produce bag, and gift bags! I have some beautiful Christmas fabric that I'm going to make into gift bags through out the year so that when Christmas comes I'm ready! Thanks Teresa AKA Green Bag Lady!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment