Monday, January 11, 2010

Oh I need to vent

Not sure this fits the catagory, but I need to vent to someone! I have been working hard to clean out my house and find new homes for the items I'm getting rid of. One time someone stole stuff that was left for someone else, tonight I received a nasty email because someone else picked up an item and this person said it was hers. I give people a very reasonable amount of time and benefit of the doubt to come and get items. I have had a bed sitting in my driveway, blocking my husband's car since Saturday. The person has had since then to come and get it...I emailed her several times and they went unanswered, so I gave it to someone else, now this person is mad.

It really makes it hard to clean out my house, when I have to deal with so much grief. I'm trying to not get upset, but this woman has my address and she is mad....of course I think the worst is possible. I just don't know what to do. I need to part with things, but if I have to go through this every single time I part with something, I just can't do it anymore. If my husband has his way, it would all be in the trash! I just hate for things that could be used to go into the trash. Oh well, I need to calm down and let this go.

Good night!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comments on my site. I think you will really like this article. I posted about it a long time ago so I'm sure you did not see that post.

    http://www.oprah.com/article/omagazine/200904-omag-beck

    On the bed, I'm sure the woman is fine after she slept on it, no pun intended, sorta.

    Green Bag Lady Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know what you mean about having enough of freecycle. i used to love offering boxes full of stuff but then they sit and they sit and you e-mail and you e-mail and you get excuse after excuse. i think i'm just going to take all of our future stuff down to the thrift store at san juan. i know the money goes to a catholic church and the people who live in that area can really use stuff they get at a reduced cost. i do hate having to go drop it off though like you said. once i get the stuff boxed up i just want it gone, i don't want to wait until i get enough of it and enough time to take it down there.

    ReplyDelete