Friday, March 19, 2010

Beautiful day here!

It is beautiful outside. In the mid-60s here with beautiful sun shining! Sadly I don't have the time to work outside all day today, but I did spend some time on the birds. I have a bird feeder outside that I purchased when we purchased the house three years ago, it is one of those expensive ones that shuts when a squirrel tries to eat from it. I had originally purchased 4 or so of those cheap plastic ones, but within a few days the squirrels had eaten all the food and broke all the feeders. So I figured it would save me money in the long run to buy a good bird feeder than to keep replacing the cheap ones. Here is the one that I have....Squirrel Busterl it is MUCH cheaper on this site than I paid for it, but I purchased mine from a locally owned bird store so I feel good about where the money went. My local bird shop is run by a gentleman that lives locally and makes his own bird seed that the local birds greatly enjoy. I always purchased my seed from him..... I just checked, he doesn't have a website to look at.

Right now is the time of year here on the East Coast to be cleaning out the birdhouses to get them ready for the birds in the spring. Sadly the squirrels destroyed two of our birdhouses. I am going to try and repair the one, but the other one is beyond repair. I put the window one up after washing the window. I'm excited to see if any birds come and lay eggs for us to watch. I will take a picture of that house from the inside of our window. It looks just like this Looker Birdhouse

To celebrate the coming of spring I located a few freebies for you to enjoy....
Hummingbird cross stitch patterns
Cute little birds in cross stitch
Birdhouse cross stitch
Bunny cross stitch patterns
Bird paper pieced quilt patterns
Birdhouse paper pieced quilt patterns
Sunflower mini quilt
Cute farm quilt pattern

That's all for now, I must go make dinner! The girls just want mashed potatoes, but I don't think that is a "real" meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment