Our bathroom is pretty bad, the flooring is vinyl and has a pattern that is suppose to mimic marble....it didn't work! We aren't daring enough to pull it up and put something else in. Our bathroom is tiled about chest high all the way around with pale green tiles and the sink....let's just say it needs work. Over all not a beautiful bathroom, but it functions and it is what we have, so that is that. Today my hubby replaced the original mini-blind with a new one...nothing fancy, just a few dollars at that big ugly retailer. The curtains I had up went with the bathroom, but were really falling apart, so I took them down. It doesn't look bad, but I wanted it to have a small valance at least. So to my fabric stash I went. I collect remnants from the fabric store, I usually won't spend more than $2 on each one, but I splurged on a beautiful yellow and blue fabric...it was $3.50 for just over 1/2 a yard. I never really know what I'm going to do with the fabric, but I get it just in case. I would love for one day my entire bathroom to be yellow and blue, but right now it is green, pink (wall color), and yellow. So the fabric isn't a perfect match, but close. I wanted to line it, so I found an old curtain from my great Aunt's house that was cut apart. I used it as my lining and it worked great! For just $3.50 and about an hour of my time here is my new valance.
With the blind up
I used up all the yellow and blue fabric I had!