Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Discovered a new blog today

I stumbled upon a new blog today with some really great ideas! This is my favorite one.... Grandmother's Garden Let me tell you why. When I was younger I spent years collecting clothing from all my family members near and far and I started making a Grandmother's Garden quilt from all the clothing. Each member was represented and now almost all of those family members are gone and so is the quilt. We have no idea when it was lost, but it is gone. I have moved 4 times in the last 9 years and we have opened every single box and the quilt is gone. I kept holding out hope that we were just missing it, but it is gone (I never even took a picture of it because it was done before I had a digital camera). It is heartbreaking because it had such meaning for me and I can't make one like that again because most of my family is gone now. I love the idea of collecting material from everyone out in blog world, but sadly my blog doesn't have enough readers to make it possible. Maybe once I hit 100 readers I will put together an incredible prize that you can be entered to win if you send me fabric, like the blog above did.

Will you help me find more readers? What things would you enjoy reading on my blog?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kelly! What a great blog you have! I truly have neglected mine the past year+. Once I'm settled in MO with my hubby I'm going to really focus on starting a new one.

    Hugs and keep up the great work! I'll be visiting here often. :0)

    ReplyDelete