Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Lunch bag and more pictures!

I knew the day was coming...tonight I needed to make Hubby a lunch bag because all the paper ones are gone and we are almost out of plastic bags (You didn't read that Teresa) and won't be getting any more of those (you can read that Teresa). So tonight I took an old pair of corduroy pants that were once daughter's and turned them into a lunch bag. It isn't much to look at, but it will function, is completely machine washable, and it is "Green" and it didn't cost anything. I have been giving a great deal of thought to being "green" tonight. I want to do more, but I wonder how I will. I know I should start small, but I never do....I want to jump in the deep end on day 1. One goal I really want to work on is to stop shopping at the big W store. Every town has one and even though they are less expensive I don't feel "right" shopping there. They under pay their employees, treat them poorly, ship products all over, wasting our resources and do other things that I don't support. I want to buy everything local, but I'm not sure how to. I am starting to find ways to barter more and I'm feeling pretty good about that. I will have to give going green some more thought and research!

Here are some pictures!

Another hair bow
Photobucket

Another hair bow
Photobucket

Finished cross stitch piece
Photobucket

Black corduroy pants
Photobucket

Finished lunch bag (I will get a better picture during the day light hours)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment